1) In the server dropdown of the U-SQL script editor, I could only see (Local) and not my ADLA account:
2) When I closed an ADLA solution and reopened it, I would get "project not available."
3) In Azure Cloud Explorer, I would get "Resource Unavailable" underneath Data Lake Analytics:
I couldn't figure out what the problem was. I had a lot of tools installed and I think some were in beta...or I had an old version of the Azure Developer Tools. I tried removing everything and readding it, but the problem persisted.
I finally just shotgunned the problem and created a new VM image. I installed the following things in this order:
1) Visual Studio 2015 Professional with Update 3.
2) Azure Developer Tools from this link: https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/tools/
3) Azure Data Lake Tools (the Feb 8th build) from this link: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=49504
My problems all went away. Hope this helps someone else.